Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Shecky’s Girls Night Out Designer Lounge



Designer: Johanna Boccardo
Girls Night Out Designer Since: 2008
www.beautifulpeopledesign.com
How did you become a designer?
I got into fashion design by chance. An opportunity arose three years ago when I was living in Barcelona. I was working in illustrating children's books (I still do) when I got an invitation to join an iconic fashion brand in Miami, FL that was just starting out. Beautiful People is a new venture; a family business that started just this year after we realized our clan’s deep passion for discovering new, exciting pieces every day. We thought, "Why not create them?" And here I am. Here we are.

What’s your inspiration?
As an illustrator with an avid imagination I see each member of my family as a character. We are all so different and so alike at the same time. I design for each one of us. Inspiration can hit me any given day in the least expected situations: when I'm stuck in traffic, while walking around my neighborhood, on an airplane, and so on.

What’s your hometown?
Venezuela

If you had to pick a favorite design from your collection, what would it be and why?
"Grown-Up Yone" has to be my favorite piece in the whole Capulet collection. It is modern, large enough to fit my whole life in it, and it can be show-stealing in what we like to call an unclassical-classical way. "Little Rose" is another favorite one. She's just lovely!

What are you wearing right now?
Dark wash jeans, cream silk top with pleated front and a comfortable pair of chocolate brown flats (pointy toe!)

No comments: